Lahaul and Spiti, located at an altitude of 3340 m in the northeastern corner is one of the still unexplored and crazily stunning stretches of the Indian Himalayas. It is a valley of stark landscapes with high snowy peaks stretching to the sky. The land captivates with its fascinating
Buddhist art and culture. The shiny snow capped hills and the rugged beauty of these regions lure the tourists and travelers. Some of the sought after tourist destinations spread across the Lahaul-Spiti valley, include Kaza, Nako, Keylong, Tabo, and Jhnaskar. Also, this place provides pristine vistas and heritage that can keep a photographer in a click-frenzy mode for months together.
Lahaul & Spiti photography tour is a special blend of Jeep Safaris, short and simple walks, exploring towns somewhere down in the mountains, camping close to pristine lakes, driving along rivers flowing quickly amongst the hills, seeking a perfect shot.
Besides spending time learning the nuances of photography in these outlandish areas, enough time is spread up to let the encounters sink in, and return enriched with stories of a territory that are entirely isolated from today’s world.
- We arrive at Manali and settle down in our accommodation. Later get briefed up, in an interactive session offering advice and instructions on photography and travel program. Retire to your accommodation at Manali for an overnight stay.
- – Next day, we start early morning for Kaza through beautiful mountain roads of the high Himalayas, passing through the Rohtang Pass and Kunzum Pass and our overnight stay in Kaza.
- Today we spend the whole day at rest until evening for a visit to the 800-year old Ki Monastery with incredible views of Spiti River Valley.
- Drive to the beautiful Langza Village flanked by splendid 6000m snow-crest right home to it, and stay with the local people at a homestay in Langza.
- – In the first half, we embark on morning walks in the village in the green peas and food grain fields among the mountains. In the second half, we proceed to Dhankar for a stroll around the Dhankar Lake. We stay for a night in Kaza.
- We drive towards the amazing Chandratal Lake, and camp in the mountains close to the lake. We immerse in its breathtaking views before we retire to our camp for an overnight stay.
- We drive to Manali from Chandratal through the mountains. We stay for the night at Manali.
- In the morning, we spend time with personal exploration at Manali before our check out in the afternoon.
- Drive through probably some of most astonishing spots in one of the remotest districts in the Indian Himalayas.
- See and picture the views from excessive passes of Rohtang and Kunzum La.
- Visit the splendid high elevation lake of Dhankar, caught in the mountains at an altitude of 14,000 feet
- Visit and explore a Buddhist religious community over 800 years of age, which has taken after an ancient tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Visits to sites which have been included for exceptional photography opportunities
- Professional help and advice with shooting culture and scenes of Lahaul and Spiti
- Never-ending interaction and aid on field by photography proficient with an experience of traveling in Lahaul and Spiti
- Knowledge on outdoor photography during the Lahaul and Spiti tour